Monday 12 July 2010

Graffitti Trouble


This is the very first picture I made. Notice how I try to use a perspective, failing horribly. That will improve in time, but it will stay a fact, that I am bad at drawing and as such, it is more important to get the message, or the joke across.

In English, this would read 'Guards! I caught the sprayer!" or something similar.
I made it sometime in late summer or early autumn of 2009.

Let me also take this opportunity to explain the way my sense of humour works. It mostly comes from the imagination of absurdity thats usually derived from trying to apply common sense or everyday behaviour or thought to a world that is clearly structured, like NetHack, and that is huge within its own limitations. Thus, by adding motives to the characters and new options to manipulate objects there is a vast amount of humorous aspects and situations i try to find and put into a picture frame.

Another source of humour for me is puns, and putting them into the picture or taking them literal.

One more important thing: You won't like all the pictures, and you don't have to. Not even I do. But I'd be glad if you like some, and maybe let me know what you like and what you don't and I'm always eager to follow up on your suggestions, especially when I'm currently having problems finding new ideas by myself.

Most importantly: Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment